An Introduction to Clinical Trials and Good Clinical Practice for Consumers
Course Outline: Consumer involvement in research is a growing international movement and central to the development of high quality, patient centred clinical trials. This session provides an introduction to clinical trials and an overview of the international quality standard Good Clinical Practice (GCP), the quality and ethical standard designed to protect the rights, safety and wellbeing of trial participants, and the credibility of the data generated.
Price: $1200 + GST per session for up to 15 attendees
Mode of delivery: Live, interactive Zoom session
Duration: Two hours including a comfort break
Learning Objectives: Attendees will be able to:
• Understand the significant role consumers play in improving the quality and relevance of clinical trials
• Be aware of how trials benefit not just trial participants, but also patients who seek care from research-active organisation
• Be familiar with key historical events that have shaped the regulation of clinical trials
• Differentiate the roles and responsibilities of key players in clinical trials
• Understand the core principles of Good Clinical Practice and how it impacts trial conduct
Certification: Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance following course completion.
Subscribe to our newsletter now!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.